CorregidorCorregidor Street, Tondo, Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
Corregidor was fortified by the United States of America from 1908 and named Fort Mills. On the island of Corregidor numerous coastal defence batteries were built with the required logistical support and accommodation. The principal battery were:
- Battery Grubbs with two 10-inch BL guns Model 1895 on disappearing carriages
- Battery Hearn with one 12-inch BL gun. Originally part of Battery Smith which was two separate 12-inch guns.
- Battery Wheeler with two 12-inch M1895 guns on disappearing carriages
- Battery Crockett with two 12-inch guns on disappearing carriages
- Battery Cheney with two 12-inch M1896 guns on disappearing carriages
- Battery Ramsay with three 6-inch M1905 guns on disappearing carriages
- Battery James with four 3-inch M1903 guns
- Battery Morrison with two 6-inch M1905 guns on disappearing carriages
- Battery Way four 12-inch Mortars
- Battery Geary eight 12-inch Mortars
Corregidor was supported by Fort Hughes, Fort Frank and Fort Drum which were built on separate islands. Fort Wint was built in Subic Bay to protect the rear of Corregidor Island.