Battery Way was built between 1904 and 1914 and was armed with four 12-inch M1890 Mortar in a square pit. The battery was damaged during World War 2.
The layout of these 12-inch US Mortar batteries were fairly standard as laid out by the Taff Board. They had a similar role to the British 9-inch and 10-inch HAF guns of the same period. The four guns were in a square pit and able to fire in all directions. There were two 12-inch mortar batteries at Fort Mills, Corregidor, namely Battery Geary, and Battery Way.