Rame Church Battery was built between 1890 and 1893 to mount four 9-inch RML High Angle Fire guns. The layout of the Battery was similar to Raleigh Battery which was built at about the same time. As with the other High Angle Fire guns of this calibre, by then end of the century they were redundant.
There was mention of mounting two 6-inch BL guns here, but nothing was done. By 1911 two 9.2-inch High Angle Fire guns had been mounted which remained in position until 1929.
The battery has been demolished above ground, but some of the underground works still survive.