Rosia Shell Store

Rosia Road, Gibraltar
Posted on April 24, 2022 / 8
Location : Gibraltar

Rosia Shell Store was situated immediately adjacent to the Victualling Yard.  The Rosia Shell Store was a naval store that included a laboratory for filling shells and a long shell store to the rear.  The whole complex connected with a narrow gauge railway.  The store was built between November 1897 and September 1900.  The cost of construction was £3,227.

The whole structure has now been demolished but the images show the location with a layout similar to the original plans.

National Archives WO 78/5229

    Related Listings