Golden Hill FortIsle of Wight, Newport, UK
Golden Hill Fort on the Isle of Wight and was built as a Defensible Barracks to house the garrison on the western end of the Island. Built between 1863 and 1868 this barracks had been detailed by the 1859 Royal Commission on the Defence of the United Kingdom.
The barracks could hold one hundred and one hundred and thirty six men. Designed to mount eighteen 40-pdr RBL guns, the fort was never armed with more than six of these guns.