C Pier Head Battery was built on the end of Bincleaves Groin and covered the 200 metre navigable channel between this location and B Pier Head Battery. In 1901 the Battery was armed with two 12-pdr QF guns and one Maxim Machine Gun. A 6-inch BL gun was mounted over one of the 12-pdr emplacements in 1910. This emplacement has survived but has a more recent brick building covering it. A new 12-pdr battery, adjacent to the Pier Head was built at the same time as the 6-inch BL gun was mounted.
During World War 2 a 6-pdr QF gun was mounted on the 6-inch BL emplacement, and a Bofors 40mm AA emplacement built adjoining. There is also a light MG position which also survives.