The Royal Navy Cemetery is situated close to Rinella Battery and is enclosed by a high wall. The cemetery includes graves for Commonwealth soldiers, many from World War One.
The first British burial was in 1901 and the graveyard remained in use by the military until 1979.
The are Admiralty Boundary Markers on the perimeter wall of the graveyard and some on adjacent buildings across the road.
The single most represented unit are probably the Royal Marine Light Infantry (RMLI). The RMLI were formed in 1855 as the royal Marines Light Infantry, with the ‘s’ on the Marines dropped in 1862. They became a significant component of the Naval Brigades used throughout the Empire.