Ghajn Tuffieha Upper Camp was used for military training from about 1902 when the Admiralty constructed a Royal Marines Training Camp here. By 1906 permanent structures had begun to appear including rifle ranges for musketry training. It would appear that the camp was mainly used by Royal Naval Personnel, epically the Royal Marines.
The Lower Camp, also known as Manikata Barracks, was created during World War 1 with the fighting in the Dardanelles. Many of the stone buildings at Ghajn Tuffieha were built during and after the First World War. Almost all of the buildings in the lower camp were demolished for a new resort, which has since failed. The hall at his location has survived and in 2022 was being renovated.