Fort Le MarchantGuernsey
Fort Le Marchant was built in 1680 as For L’Angle. During the Napoleonic Wars the fortification was upgraded and renamed in 1805 after the Lieutenant Bailiff, Eleaszar Le Merchant. In 1805 Fort Le Marchant mount six 24-pdr SB guns on wooden traversing carriages. In 1842 Fort Le Marchant was recommended to mount two 32-pdr long guns, and two 32-pdr short guns, with a fifth 32-pdr on a traversing platform.
In 1854 a barrack block was built to the rear of the Battery, and a dry moat provided protection. These barracks have now been lost.