Cumberland Flank Battery
Cumberland Flank Battery was built after the Jones Report of 1840 to provide fire towards the North. Old images show that this was originally a barbette battery and that it was eventually covered in to provide light casemates. The battery remains, with some World War 2 modifications, but is now used as garages. Immediately to the rear lies Scud Hill Battery, which was originally known as Cumberland Battery.