Archcliffe FortDover, UK
Archcliffe Fort was originally a battery constructed during the time of Henry VIII to protect Dover Harbour. It was armed with six 32-pdr SB guns in 1847.
The site was considered by the Royal Commission and it was to be armed with four 10-inch RML guns and two 7-inch RML guns (one in Moncrieff Pit). By 1887 the armament had been amended to five 10-inch RML guns and a single 7-inch RBL. A single 64-pdr was later added for drill purposes. By the early 1900 all the heavy guns had been removed, and the site mounted one 6-pdr QF and two Maxim Machine Guns.
The gun emplacements have been lost to sight.