Lower Hope Battery
Lower Hope Battery was built in 1898 at Lower Hope Point. The Battery mounted two 12-pdr QF guns and was supported by two Defence Electric Lights. The battery was enclosed with a wet ditch.
Very similar in basic design to the 6-pdr QF Battery at Coalhouse Fort.
The battery was lost to subsequent industrial development and all that remains in part of the wet ditch.
TNA WO 78/4122 Jetty at Hope Battery, 1903
TNA 78/4334 Hope Battery Plans, 1901