Fort Coalhouse, 6-pdr QF BatteryEast Tilbury, UK
A 6-pdr QF Battery was built just outside Fort Coalhouse in 1894. Mounting four 6-pdr QF guns it was intended to engage fast moving motor boats. The battery was on a small earthen mound, with a wet ditch surrounding it. Very similar in design to Lower Hope Battery. The foundations of the original hut can still be seen in the gorge of the battery. Two structures were built on top of the D or No.4 gun during World War 2.