Cliffe Fort Brennan Torpedo StationCliffe Road, Rochester, UK
In 1887 two Brennan Torpedo steam slipways were built to the front of the Coastal Defence Fort.
One of the original magazines in the Fort was converted to an engine room and adjacent chambers used for the machinery associated with the Brennan Torpedo. An external concrete building was added outside the Fort, possibly the Torpedo Store. On the roof of the fort, adjacent to one of the 12-pdr gun positions, a Directing Station was built. This Directing Station had a steel copular and metal interior for greater protection.