Cliffe FortCliffe, Rochester, UK
Posted on July 24, 2021 / 7
Cliffe Fort was built between 1861 and 1870 to mount thirty 10-inch 18ton RML guns. By 1887 the armament had been revised to:
- Two 12.5-inch RML guns in casemates
- Five 11-inch RML guns in casemates
- Two 9-inch RML guns in barbette mounts
Cliffe Fort was adapted to be a Brenan Torpedo site, complete with armoured observations position on the roof.