Bradleys Head BatterySydney Harbour Bridge, The Rocks NSW, Australia
Bradleys Head Battery was originally built on the shore line at Bradleys Head in 1839 and a single gun emplacement survives from this period. This battery was never completed.
Between 1871 and 1874 a new battery was built at the top of the small hill on the headland. This battery mounted three 69-pdr guns with all the works cut out of the sandstone rock. The battery perimeter was protected with a dry moat and scarped earthen wall, One exposed section of the perimeter was protected by an unusual free standing open topped caponier like structure.