Scala C Gun
Scala C Gun is the original site for to mount a single 9.2-inch BL gun. The emplacement for the gun was built between 1885 and 1895 and at this time was called Upper North Battery. The architecture of the site reflects building of this time. The Battery also included the two 9-inch RML guns, slightly lower down the hill.
The A and B guns are located on ridges, higher up the hill, on a front of about 600 metres.
Signage at the sites gives three dates:
- VR 1886 for the original 9-inch RML
- ER 1908 for the first 9.2-inch BL
- GR 1940 for the World War 2 9.2-inch BL
This battery is located at about 100 metres above sea level.