Position Finding Cells, Upper North Battery
Two Position Finding Cells were built at Upper North Battery between September 1892 and March 1895. The two cells were built just below what is now the H2 or middle 9.2-inch gun emplacement of Scala Battery. It is also just above and behind the 6-inch Upper Battery.
These position were built at the same time as the three PFCs and Fire Commander’s Cell on Beacon Hill above Noah’s Ark Battery.
The two cells have survived but are derelict and overgrown.
TNA WO 78/4943