Kings Bank Heavy BatteryRangoon, Myanmar (Burma)
Kings Bank Heavy Battery was one of two coastal defences batteries built on the west bank of the Rangoon River. Completed about 1898 this battery initially mounted two 9-inch RML and two 40-pdr RML guns. The two 9-inch guns were replaced with 6-inch BL Mark VII in about 1902. There was a test room, within the battery, for control of part of the minefield. King’s Bank Minefield Battery, intended to protect this minefield, was adjacent to the Heavy Battery.
King’s Bank Battery lay on the opposite side of the Rangoon River to Syriam Heavy Battery and Syriam Minefield Battery.
At this time, the exact location of the battery has not been determined and any assistance in this endeavour would be appreciated. It is suspected that the site has been lost.