Cliff End Fort Brennan Torpedo Station

Cliff End, Freshwater, Isle of Wight, UK
Posted on April 6, 2023 / 3
Listing Type : Submarine Warfare
Location : England

The Brennan Torpedo Station at Cliff End Fort, also known as Fort Albert, was built between 1886 and 1888  The Brennan Torpedo Station had a slipway with torpedo store and engine room adjacent to the East side of the Fort.  Much of this structure was a wooden extension built abutting the north end of Fort Albert.  The four floors of the Fort adjacent to this Torpedo Station were partially filled with sea sand to protect the station from enemy bombardment.

Cliff End Fort (Fort Albert) is now a block of flats and nothing can be seen of the old Brennan Torpedo Station.

    Related Listings