Culver Battery was first proposed in 1887 but was actually built between 1904 and 1906. The battery was constructed with a Twydall Profile and mounted two 9.2-inch Mark X guns on Mark V Mounts. In 1922 the Mark V mounts were upgraded to Mark VI mounts.
The battery was decommissioned in 1956.
(1939 image of Culver Battery, http://www.britainfromabove.org.uk/image/epw062534 Black and white image of the shell recess by War Office official photographer, Malindine E G (Lt) – http://media.iwm.org.uk/iwm/mediaLib//40/media-40228/large.jpgThis is photograph H 3246 from the collections of the Imperial War Museums, Public Domain.)