Trenninow Position Finding Station is located just above hte old Military Road, about 400 meters from Whitesand Bay Battery. The Station was built between 1894 and 1896 with five cells and an unclaimable fence around it. The cells were in two lines, three at the back, slightly higher and two in the front. At some point, possibly 1915, an additional cell was added on the lower level and this was a Fire Commander’s Cell and is a little larger with an additional room.
This is probably one of the better preserved Position Finding Stations in the United Kingdom but is heavily overgrown.
Reference is National Archives WO 192/121 relating to Whitesand Bay Battery.
Three other Position Finding Stations were built along this stretch of the coast at the same time: