Picklecombe Mine Control Station
Picklecombe Mine Control Station was built in 1896, the same time as the Bovisand Mine Control Station. This observation position has now been lost.
Within the northern moat of the 1848 coastal defence battery, three underground chambers were built to support the Mine Control Station. One of these is believed to have been an engine room. These underground chambers still survive and are utility rooms for the flats in the old barracks.