Knatterbury Position Finding Station is located to the east of Trennonow Position Finding Station. The site was originally considered for a Fort but four position finding cells were built here about 1896. The cells were all similar but have since been modified and one was was later used for the Deputy Fire Commander. On three of the cell roofs there is evidence of some instrument mounting with three points.
The site remains in reasonable condition although overgrown and derelict.
Three other Position Finding Stations were built along this stech of the coast at the same time: