Forton BarracksGosport, UK
The site of Forton Barracks was originally acquired by the military as a Hospital, but with the nearby Haslar Hospital is was regarded as redundant by 1807 and converted to barracks. The Royal Marine Division at Portsmouth, originally house at the Royal Clarence Yard, were moved into the new barracks in 1848. By 1862 the barracks could hold 1000 men with further officers quarters and accommodation being added. As a naval establishment it was known also as HMS St Vincent.