Firestone Bay Artillery Tower
Firestone Bay Artillery Tower was part of a chain of early artillery towers built to defend the Royal Dockyard at Deveonport. Similar towers were built at Devil’s Point and Fishers Nose. The tower had a least five gun embrasures and it is believed it was probably armed with 24-pdr or 32-pdr smoothbore guns.
In 1852 it was used by the Coast Guard as a lookout.