Devils Point 12-pdr Battery
An addition 12-pdr QF battery was built at Devil’s Point. Undated plans (TNA WO 78/4147 possibly 1905) indicate that consideration was given to building two separate batteries, each with two guns. From on site remains it would appear that only one of these was built. The second one was a shoreline, and does not appear to have been proceeded with.
Devil’s Point 12-pdr Battery was built between 1901 and 1902 to mount two 12-pdr QF guns. It worked in conjunction with Garden Battery, 100 metres away on the other side of the narrow channel. The two gun emplacement but the underground works have been backfilled and the above ground works destroyed.