Crownstone Field Position Finding Station was built by 1894 to service the nearby Tregantle Down Battery. The Station had only two cells located on a cliff edge above an old quarry. As with Middle Barton Position Finding Station, the above ground parts of the two cells have been demolished. It is believed that the floor level may still survive underground. A single boundary stone survives on site.
The site was decommissioned in 1915.
The other Position Finding Stations on this stretch of the coast were: