North East Martello TowerPembroke, UK
North East Martello Tower was one of the four fortifications protecting the approaches to Pembroke Dockyard in the middle of the 19th Century.
The North East Martello Tower was built between October 1848 and May 1854. It was the large of the two towers. The Tower was constructed to mount a total of twelve guns made up of:
- Nine 12-pdr SB Howitzers
- three 32-pdr SB gun
The magazine in the basement of the Tower held 198 barrels of powder and there was accommodation for seventeen men. The South West Martello Tower was smaller than the North East Martello Tower.