Pembroke Defensible BarracksPembroke, UK
The Pembroke Defensible Barracks were built on a hill to the rear of Pembroke Dockyard between 1841 and 1846. The Pembroke Defensible barracks were armed with sixteen 24-pdr SB guns, primarily for land defence.
The Defensible barracks supported the three coastal defence batteries around Pembroke Dockyard:
From 1895 the Fort was used for repository drill and training. A saluting battery of 24-pdr and later 32-pdr guns was mounted here.
This Defensible Barracks had a very similar role to that of Bull Point Barracks which survives in Plymouth.