Dale Fort or Dale Point Fort was built between 1851 and 1856 as one of the outer defences for Milford Haven Harbour. It was intended to operate in conjunction with Stack Rock Fort and Thorn Island Fort. The Fort was built to mount seven 68-pdr guns on a fan shaped platform overlooking the harbour. The fort had barracks for 65 men.
The land approach to Dale Fort was protected by a defensible wall and dry ditch, with a large bastion (bulwarck) with three gun embrasures. The other faces of the Fort were sea cliffs.
The Fort quickly fell out of use and was not upgraded and by 1870 had been decommissioned.