Garrison Point Brennan Torpedo StationSheerness, UK
Between 1884 and 1907 a Brennan Torpedo Station was established within Garrison Point Fort. Trials with the Brennan Torpedo were conducted here, under the supervision of the Royal Engineers from the nearby Brompton Barracks in Chatham. The gun casemate number 14 was used for the Brennan Torpedo site complete with a control position, engine room, two slipways and 18-inch narrow gauge railway to the rear of the fort.
As with the Brennan Torpedo Station at Fort Albert on the Isle of Wight, little now remains.