Fort PittChatham, UK
Fort Pitt was built between 1805 and 1813 to help defend the Royal Dockyard at Chatham. Two detached towers were also built, Delce and Gibraltar. It was an irregular polygonal fortification with a bastion at each corner. The Fort was initially armed with ten 18-pdr guns, twenty two 18-prd cannonades and four 10-pdr mortar. The fort had casemated barracks for five hundred men and after the end of the Napoleonic Wars, Fort Pitt was used as an invalid depot and military hospital.
The whole site has now been redeveloped but some traces of the old Fort can still be seen.