The White Tower, or Tower of L-Abjad, was a coastal battery built by the Knights of St John to defend the headland overlooking Armier Bay. During World War 2 the Tower was occupied by the military, and features such a kit hooks can be seen. The building had been used for hydrophones from 1918 and it possible that in 1939 onwards the Royal Navy continued to use if for detecting submarines. Possibly an anti-submarine indicator loop was portioned here.
There is a large, semi-submerged, store in the moat just outside the tower. This formerly had double doors and may well have been a gun shed or artillery store.
The surround beach has various defences positions and sangers. There are also three small shelters, given the Number 7 on military maps.
There is also a circular concrete feature on the tip of the headland that could have been a gun or searchlight emplacement. This is given the Number 6 on military maps.