RN Station Dingli is located at the highest point in Malta and is now used by the Maltese Defences Forces and during World War 2 was adjacent to the Air Ministry Experimental Station (AMES) number 241/242 (High Home Radar). It was also adjacent to the RAF AMES 504 (Low Home Radar) located on the plateau below. The barrack accommodation for the AMES 504 was immediately to the East of this position.
This site is believed to have been used about 1900 by the Royal Navy as a radio station. This is based on the four Admiralty Boundary Markers found on site.