Ricasoli Brennan Torpedo Station
The Ricasoli Brennan Torpedo Station was built to support the minefields protecting the entrance to the Grand Harbour.
Work on the station began on 30th August 1888 and was completed 11th April 1892.
The total cost of the station was £8,577, which was well over the estimated £5,471. The Directing Station, built on the ramparts of Fort Ricasoli next to the 12.5-inch emplacement, was built in 1900.
The actual installation was built largely under Fort Ricasoli, with access via a circular staircase, that came out onto the main parade ground. A pier with a narrow gauge railway was built for delivery of the torpedoes to the facility.