The searchlight position at Il-Kuncizzjoni Ta’ Culumia lies on the Western end of the Victoria Lines. Built about1899 it illuminated the area at the end of Victoria Lines down to the Fomm ir-Rih infantry redoubt. There are the remains of a trench, cut in the rock, running from Il-Kuncizzjoni Redoubt down to the searchlight position.
This searchlight position was reinforced with concrete during World War 2 and converted into a machine gun position, see separate entry.
The Il-Kuncizzjoni Redoubt provided local defence and also had the generator for the electricity used by the searchlight.
The Fomm ir-Rih infantry redoubt situated immediately below the fortified searchlight position of Il-Kuncizzjoni.
The UK National Archives include:
- WO 78/2667 1901