Saint Leonardo Defence Electric Lights

Posted on January 5, 2023 / 8
Listing Type : Observation
Location : Malta

Fort Saint Rocco was built between 1872 and 1873  and armed with three 11-inch RML guns, although later upgraded to 12.5-inch RMLs.  The Fort was remodelled in 1900 to mount 9.2-inch gun and at this time two Defence Electric Lights (DEL) were built on the foreshore below the Fort.  One of these DELs is on a raised platform, increasing its field of observation.

Both are now used a summer beach residences.

South DEL


North DEL


    Related Listings