12-pdr Battery, Salvator Bastion
Salvator Bastion overlooks the entrance Marsamxett Harbour and lies opposite to Fort Tigne. In June 1892 plans were drawn up to mount a pair of 12-pdr Q.F. guns on the North East corner of the bastion. Provision was also made for a magazine and shell store. It is not believed that this battery was ever built, but a site visit makes it hard to confirm this because it was converted a park and later a children’s play area.
See the National Archives, WO 78/3837