Woolpack BarracksGarrison Lane, Isles of Scilly, UK
Woolpack Barracks was built between Woolpack Battery and Steval Battery between August 1898 and May 1901. The Barracks are also known as Greystones Barracks. There was a single large single storey barrack block and then a separate blacksmiths/artisans building. Looking out to sea there was a two storey observation tower. The top level is a Position Finding Cell, while the lower level is a radio room to communicate with the gun batteries.
As with the batteries, the complex was surrounded by an earth rampart and dry moat protected by barbed wire.