Steval Point BatteryIsles of Scilly, UK
Steval Point Battery and Bant’s Carn Battery were built to provide protection against Motor Torpedo Boats. Steval Point Battery was built between 1903 and 1904 and mounted two 12-pdr guns. The Battery operated in conjunction with the Defence Electric Lights located just below the battery on the shore line.
A similar battery was built at the other end of the island, Bant’s Carn Battery.
The battery was decommissioned in 1905.