GarrisonIsles of Scilly, UK
The Garrison on St Mary’s has a defence wall running around it that was built in the 18th Century. Between 1900 and 1905 a decision was made that the anchorage at St Mary’s required protection. The fortifications included three Defence Electric Light positions and an engine room with oil storage was built on the west and southwest aspect. The searchlights were to support the adjacent coastal defence batteries of:
- Woolpack Battery
- Steval Battery
- Steval Point Battery
The locations were decommissioned in 1905 although used again during World War 2.