Bants Carn BatteryIsles of Scilly, UK
Bant’s Carn battery was built in 1905 to mount two 12-pdr Quick Fire Guns. Cut and cover underground works, including a lamp room, store and magazine were built between the two-gun emplacements. There was a barracks building to the rear of the gun line. There was mention of Defence Electric Lights to support this battery, but these were never acted upon. The battery was decommissioned shortly after completion in 1905.
A similar battery was built slightly earlier at Steval Point Battery.