Green Battery was located on Spurn Point with two 9.2-inch Mark X BL guns on Mark V mounts. The Battery was very similar to the nearby Godwin Battery with two gun pits and Battery Observations Post on the left and right of the gun positions.
Plans for Green Battery were made in 1914 and it appears to have been operational by 1916 and it is assumed work on the battery started in 1914. The two gun pit lay 100 metres apart. Due to high water table, the magazines were built on the side of the gun pits with a trolley ramp to take the shells and cartridges to the guns.