South Shore Battery, StonecuttersHong Kong
South Shore Battery on Stonecutters was one of the earliest batteries completed with construction starting in 1885. The battery was initially armed with:
- Three 64-pdr RMLs
- Two 6-pdr Hotchkiss QF guns
- Three Gardner Machine Guns
By 1901 the old armament was obsolete and two 12-pdr QF guns were recommended and installed with two of the machine gun positions retained. This 12-pdr QF battery remained operational until about 1910.
TNA WO 78/5356