Landguard Fort Wing Battery was later renamed as Languard Fort Left Battery when Languard Fort Right Battery was built.
The initial battery mounted one 6-inch HP gun and one 10-inch BL HP gun and was completed in 1891. By 1899 the battery had two 6-inch Mark IV guns, one in the old HP position (No.2) and another in a new emplacement (No.3), and the original 10-inch BL HP (No.1). By 1914 the battery had been decommissioned.
The 10-inch HP BL gun had Position Finding Cells in Q and R Martello Towers.
The Left Wing Battery has a rare surviving Tresidder Catridge Store.