Fort Pezeries is a small star fort with integral postal battery. Initially built about 1680 the Fort was developed during the Napoleonic War when it was armed with three 18-pdr SB guns. The small fort included a magazine and perimeter wall with firing positions for infantry. The Fort was in fact more of a coastal defence battery with perimeter wall for local defence,
By 1841 Fort Pezeries had largely fallen into disuse.