Raglan Battery is one of the Retired Batteries recommended in the report of General John Jones after his inspection in 1841. The battery quickly became redundant but remained armed with 80-pdr RMLs until about 1892.
In 1859 the battery was armed with.
- Seven 68-pdr guns
In 1886 these had been upgraded to:
- Three 80-pdr RML guns on wooden traversing platforms.
The gun embrasures and pivots for these guns remain in place. During World War 2 the battery provided access to an Air Raid shelter.
The battery is now a private residence but is in reasonable condition.
The other Retired Batteries in the City area were: