Queens Lines Gallery
Queen’s Lines Gallery is a gallery that extends northwards from King’s Gallery and lies immediately adjacent to the Queen’s Lines.
Somewhat confusingly there are two sections of tunnels named Queen’s Gallery. The first and more substantial is Queen’s Gallery (discussed here) built in 1787 that runs immediately behind the Queen’s Lines and on from the King’s Gallery. This is referred to as the Queen’s Lines Gallery which is part of the lower galleries. Queen’s Gallery was split into three sections and signs can still be seen on the tunnel walls which show:
- Queen’s Gallery East
- Queen’s Gallery South West
- Queen’s Lines East Gallery
The second Queen’s Gallery lies below the Willis’s Plateau and joins with the Upper Union Gallery. This was built in 1789 in what is sometimes called the Middle Galleries.
In 1859 the Queen’s Lines Gallery mounted the following guns:
- Six 24-pdr
In 1886 the Queen’s Lines Gallery
- Two 24-pdr Carronades
- Six 64/32lbs RML