King’s Gallery was a rock cut gallery with gun embrasures facing westwards, over the King’s Lines and approaches to the Grand Battery. Work on these galleries was carried out on these galleries between 1787 and 1788. The Gallery led to Star Chamber and then on to Queen’s Lines Gallery. See plan.
Returns for 1859 shows seven 24-pdr guns in King’s Gallery, but by 1886 there were only two 32-pdr SB guns left here.
The King’s Gallery was later used as an indoor range and during World War Two extensive changes were made to the Star Chamber. Hanover Gallery connected King’s Gallery to Queen’s Communication.